JOB TITLE: Accountant Division: Administration Reports to: General Manager
Salary Range: $47,000 - $65,000 (annualized)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: The Accountant reports to the General Manager and is responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, managing the payroll and personnel administration, purchasing, maintaining accounts payable and managing office operations. The Accountant must work within the policies and procedures and in compliance with all organic organizational documents (plan of operation, financial procurement procedures).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1) Lead and manage the accounting and finance functions for Rawhide.
• Administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
• Assist with preparation of the operating budget.
• Implement financial policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain cash controls.
• Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger.
• Monitor cash reserves.
• Prepare and reconcile bank statements.
• Issue checks for all accounts due.
• Ensure security for all credit cards and verify charges.
• Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system.
• Prepare balance sheets and monthly financial statements.
• Lead the annual audit.
• Maintain the computerized accounting system.
• Maintain financial files and records.
• Develop and maintain excel spreadsheet for Asset and depreciation schedule.
• Develop and maintain financial reporting standards.
2) Oversee the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all moneys.
• Issue, code and authorize purchase orders.
• Establish and maintain supplier accounts.
• Process supplier invoices. Rawhide Accountant 6/2015
• Ensure information is entered into the financial system in an accurate and timely manner.
• Reconcile the accounts payable.
• Prepare journal summaries.
• Reconcile the accounts receivable.
• Compile source documents.
• Reconcile deposits.
3) Assist with payroll and benefit program management.
• Process, verify and report on benefit payments.
• Verify annual leave records.
• Partner with managers as needed to verify timesheets and hours worked.
• Calculate employee salaries, deductions and contributions.
• Review payroll reports.
• Verify employee miscellaneous deductions and reimbursement.
• Ensure paychecks are processed and distributed in a timely manner.
• Ensure leave time is updated.
• Review payroll summaries, journals and reports.
• Make adjustments to the payroll as necessary.
• Ensure payment to payroll service is ready as specified.
4) Manage and administer all contracts for the Capital Project Budget
• Review and administer all contracts for Rawhide in compliance with the Gila River Indian
Community (“GRIC”) requirements.
• Maintain and administer approved budgets for GRIC related capital projects on GRIC financial software.
• Process all contract invoices related to Rawhide and GRIC.
• Process and maintain supporting documentation for contract invoices on the GRIC financial software.
• Prepare journal entries relative to Capital Project Budgets on GRIC financial software
5) Perform other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Attributes
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas related to accounting:
• Computerized accounting
• Administration of employee programs benefits
• Accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Payroll systems and reporting
• Generally accepted accounting practices
• An understanding of relevant principles municipal legislation, policies Rawhide Accountant 6/2015
• Preparation of financial statements and reports
• Familiarity with statistics and ability to use them to evaluate alternatives.
Additional Required Skills, Abilities & Attributes
• Effective time management skills
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to operate spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
• The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Accountant.
• Demonstrate honesty and trustworthiness
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Demonstrate sound work ethic Substantial administrative and management skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills; ability to prioritize time and responsibilities in such a way as to fulfill primary goals and complete numerous details that accompany each project.
Education & Experience
• Basic requirements include a BS/BA in accounting, 5-10 years of experience of public and/or private accounting.
• CPA is preferred.
• Considerable knowledge and experience in an hospitality, tourism or large-scale events business is preferred.
Required Language Ability
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Must demonstrate the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Required Math Ability
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical business situations. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for an entire shift/extended period of time; walk; use hand and fingers to handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear; and drive a motor vehicle. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and bend, climb, stoop, lift, carry, push, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Holiday, evening and weekends hours will be required to meet the unique needs of the business. Rawhide Accountant 6/2015
Work is generally performed indoors and the employee in this position is normally exposed to a moderate noise level.
Must acknowledge and agree to maintain a Drug-free Work Place as a condition of employment.
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Preference is given to qualified members of the Gila River Indian Community.
The Gila River Indian Community is also committed to achieving the full and equal opportunity without discrimination because of Race, Religion, Color, Sex, National Origin, Politics, Marital Status, Physical Handicap, Age or Sexual Orientation. In other than the above, the Gila River Indian Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Or to apply, or for more information, contact:
Where to Apply: Applications for Employment and resumes are accepted via email (scan completed document and email) to human resources; faxed into the HR Department fax number, below; or dropped off in person at the Wild Horse Pass Corporate Center in suite #210. The Corporate Center is located at 5350 North 48th Street, Chandler, Arizona 85226.
The Process: Once submitted, applications are logged and retained/reviewed for period 6 months. After 6 months the applicant will need to re-apply.
Contact with Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org