WILD HORSE PASS DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Real Estate Manager
LOCATION: Wild Horse Pass Corporate Center
COMPENSATON: $76,400 – $96,000, plus incentive opportunity
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week, full-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: General Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Real Estate Manager will lead WHPDA’s efforts to lease lands within the 3,000+ acre Wild Horse Pass Development Area. The Real Estate Leasing Manager will advise WHPDA regarding the establishment of competitive target lease rates and leasing strategies based on comparable economic and demographic data. The Real Estate Leasing Manager will assist with identification of strategic long-term land use objectives in order to achieve complimentary and cohesive land uses, while maximizing lease income. The Real Estate Leasing Manager will take the lead in representing WHPDA though appropriate local and regional real estate channels and will assist with lease/development proposal analysis and lease negotiations. The Real Estate Leasing Manager will assist with ensuring leases and lessors are compliant with applicable federal laws and regulations and laws of the Gila River Indian Community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Identify and analyze real estate lease and development opportunities within designated areas and make recommendations to the executive team and the Board of
- Compare a property with similar properties that have recently sold to determine its competitive market
- Advise WHPDA executive team on market conditions, prices, legal requirements and related matters.
- Promote the leasing of properties through advertisements, site tours, and participation in various professional
- Act as an intermediary in negotiations between WHPDA and those wishing to lease property.
- Accompany tenants and potential tenants during visits to and inspections of property, advising them on the suitability and value of the property they are
- Confer with a variety of professional contacts, partners and vendors to ensure that terms and conditions of lease agreements are met in a timely
- Generate lists of properties within the Development area that are compatible with client’s needs and financial
- Market commercial properties and explain their
- Review property listings, trade journals, and relevant literature, and attend conventions, seminars, and staff meetings to remain knowledgeable about real estate
- Gather relevant information via media advertising services and other
- Establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with stakeholders including clients.
- Quickly resolve conflicts and negotiate real estate
- Assist the WHPDA Marketing Manager and vendors in the effective utilization of the WHPDA website and digital strategy
- Maintain a database system use computers to enter, access or retrieve
- Apply relevant knowledge in following contract, property, or insurance
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Attributes
- Experience with real estate development strategy and
- In depth understanding of real estate economic data and
- Ability to speak in front of large
- Ability to influence decision-making.
- Ability to lead complex research projects through to an end point, including presenting to the Board of Directors and/or Gila River Indian Community Tribal
- Able to communicate effectively and lead others through critical decision-making.
- Relationship building and rapport
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to grasp WHPDA’s short and long term priorities and develop systems, processes and policies to support the achievement of them in an efficient and effective
- Possess cultural awareness and
Education & Experience
- College Degree in Real Estate, Business Administration or similar field preferred
- Substantial experience in real estate leasing
- Arizona Real Estate License preferred
- Experience working in with Native American Tribes preferred
Required Language Ability
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Must demonstrate the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Required Math Ability
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical business situations. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for an entire shift/extended period of time; walk; use hand and fingers to handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear; and drive a motor vehicle. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and bend, climb, stoop, lift, carry, push, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors, in most weather conditions. The employee in this position is normally exposed to a moderate noise level.
Must acknowledge and agree to maintain a Drug-free Work Place as a condition of employment.
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Preference is given to qualified members of the Gila River Indian Community.
The Gila River Indian Community is also committed to achieving the full and equal opportunity without discrimination because of Race, Religion, Color, Sex, National Origin, Politics, Marital Status, Physical Handicap, Age or Sexual Orientation. In other than the above, the Gila River Indian Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, or for more information – Contact: Human Resources